Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NASA's Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

NASA's Pool

Pretty cool. after reading about NASA in the news lately I started reading into the pool they use for testing, it's proportions are pretty impressive. Does anyone have any info on what they use to treat water, chlorine? Some specs below I found.

202 ft. (61 m) in length,
    102 ft. (31 m) wide
    40 ft. 6 in. (12 m) deep

6.2 million gallons

I used the Pool Calculator for kicks, the amount of chemicals, if in fact it is chlorine based is huge!

Neutral Buoyancy Pool

Visitor link
    9.5k IG Pool
    Plaster (Diamond Brite)
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NASA's Pool

It is indoors, so many issues are different. I am thinking of the one here in Houston, as shown in the link. And I suspect that no one actually swims in this pool, except with dive gear, since it has so much equipment in it, guessing.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

There was a long conversation about this pool several years ago, in this topic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    There was a long conversation about this pool several years ago, in this topic.
    Awesome, thanks for posting the link!
    9.5k IG Pool
    Plaster (Diamond Brite)
    Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I used to be a diver at the NBL It's more impressive than pictures show, and met some pretty cool people while there.
    16,000 Gallon Inground Pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner