Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silly pool builder!

1. Back To Top    #1

Silly pool builder!

He said I'd never be able to maintain a clear pool not using the Trichlor tabs (which he also said didn't have stabilizer, btw). We're going on 6 weeks now and the water looks better and more sparkly than it did with the tabs and the "super duper" ozone/UV thingamajig for which he tried to talk me into replacing the $$$ bulb but I wouldn't do it. Even my hubby was skeptical and said, "But, dear, he does this for a living."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12K IG gunite, Pentair Intelliflo pump and 1 hp Pentair booster pump, Posi-Clear Sta-rite cartridge filter, IntelliChlor SWG and EasyTouch system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Silly pool builder!

very nice. Water looks great!

Steve
    25,000 gallon saltwater in-ground pool with in-floor cleaners. Medium lagoon plaster. Jandy pump and heater and Glacier Pool chiller. Use iRobot Verro pool cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Whoohoo. Shows what he knew!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

That is crystal clear!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmmm....how much clearer could it be? Maybe you could see the bottom better if you emptied the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks!
    Last week we had 2 nights of torrential rains, and I saw the mass exodus of worms and frogs coming to die in our pool so I just dumped bleach in, set up a siphon with a hose so the level would never get too high and hoped for the best. The next morning, other than the gazillion worms on the bottom, it was still clear and FC at good level. I really didn't want to have to shock it and luckily didn't need to.
    12K IG gunite, Pentair Intelliflo pump and 1 hp Pentair booster pump, Posi-Clear Sta-rite cartridge filter, IntelliChlor SWG and EasyTouch system.

7. Back To Top    #7

So Pretty!

You should invite pool builder over to see.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

8. Back To Top    #8

call that fool and tell him to stop by and have a looky at pool cause you got problems! then push him in it when he aint lookin..
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac