Best place to buy reagents?

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I ran out of my R-0871 Reagent during testing, and have very little DPD Powder left.
I'm also going to need to buy some new pH and chlorine drop test refills, along with more CYA Refill.

Is it best to buy these from a local pool store, or should I order them online from TFtestkits or elsewhere?

My biggest concern is cost, and time receiving them.

Tftestkits and this board are owned by the same person (duraleigh) and most of us get our gear from him. Tftestkits tends to have the best prices - so then it just depends on shipping costs, etc. They do a full refill set for $40 which is going to be tough to beat.

Any pool store should have most of what you are looking for if time is a real problem for you - though the FAS-DPD reagents can be hard to find.

I just did a few refill chemicals myself this year. Like you, I didn't need the whole refill kit, but the ones that I use more regularly. I searched online for other places to find the reagents cheaper and their price was hard to beat... and you know from there they aren't too old and they will work.

Richard320 said:
Order them from tftestkits now, you'll have them Monday I'll bet.
My last order was on a Thursday, received them Monday. I was expecting them on Tues/wed seeing as how from anywhere else they wouldn't have arrived that quickly.

I don't see any reason to look elsewhere. :goodjob:

I try only to use TFTestkits! I know I can trust the freshness of the reagents, the shipping is wicked fast and if I have any trouble, I know! that Dave is an honorable man :bowdown:

Sometimes I need to pick up a kit from WallyWorld, or wherever (due to my assistant not knowing how to close a bottle of pH reagent :hammer: ) Those kits show pH colors that don't correspond to the comparator :pukel: (the last one had violets and various shades of yellow - I guessed what the pH was)

I do not trust anyone but Dave to provide my test kits and reagents!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.