Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best place to buy reagents?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best place to buy reagents?

I ran out of my R-0871 Reagent during testing, and have very little DPD Powder left.
    I'm also going to need to buy some new pH and chlorine drop test refills, along with more CYA Refill.

Is it best to buy these from a local pool store, or should I order them online from TFtestkits or elsewhere?

My biggest concern is cost, and time receiving them.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best place to buy reagents?

You probably won't find 870 or 871 at the local pool store. Order them from tftestkits now, you'll have them Monday I'll bet.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tftestkits and this board are owned by the same person (duraleigh) and most of us get our gear from him. Tftestkits tends to have the best prices - so then it just depends on shipping costs, etc. They do a full refill set for $40 which is going to be tough to beat.

Any pool store should have most of what you are looking for if time is a real problem for you - though the FAS-DPD reagents can be hard to find.
    16K Gal Plaster | Compupool SWG | Intelliflow VF | TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, I saw they had the whole refill set, but I still have plenty of the rest. I do like the fact they sized down the CYA bottle into two smaller bottles.
    I'll probably get it through them then.
    Thanks.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I just did a few refill chemicals myself this year. Like you, I didn't need the whole refill kit, but the ones that I use more regularly. I searched online for other places to find the reagents cheaper and their price was hard to beat... and you know from there they aren't too old and they will work.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Order them from tftestkits now, you'll have them Monday I'll bet.
    My last order was on a Thursday, received them Monday. I was expecting them on Tues/wed seeing as how from anywhere else they wouldn't have arrived that quickly.

I don't see any reason to look elsewhere.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]