I have a 12x30 intex pool, filled it with water - didn't have any chemicals on hand at the time, used it to swim, then on the 3rd day it was turning green and slimy. Finally got some chemicals(shock) and overdid it - put in one full bag of 16oz. I bought a small test kit that tests for ph and chlorine, the chlorine of course is way too high - no suprise. Do I need to empty all the water and start over or just empty part and add fresh water (have already done that once)? I have the pump running and go out every few hours and rinse the filter out. Just wondering when it will be safe to send the kids into the pool again, it is extremely hot & humid here. Suggestions.