Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sizing SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Sizing SWG

Hello. I'm considering converting over to salt. I'm still not sure about picking the right size SWG. My pool is around 13,000 gallons. I'm in Dallas where its over 100 degrees quite often during the summer. The pool is also in full sun most of the day. I've been looking at the Compupool systems due to the price and the reviews on here. I know the CPSC16 is too small. Would the CPSC24 be large enough to where I wont have to run it at 100% all of the time? I'm on a budget and $500 for a SWG system is cheap. I'll go to the CPSC36 if I have to but would like to save the $100 if possible.

Also I have OK flagstone coping and an attached raised spa with OK flagstone waterfall. Will salt degrade this? Do I need to seal it and if so what sealer is best for this application?

Thanks for any help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sizing SWG

I can't answer about the stone but the CPS24 should be fine for a pool that size. I'd probably go with the 36 if you could swing it. It just means that the cell would last longer between changes.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a 2 speed pump and run the low for around 8 hours a day and the high for 1 1/2 just to skim the top. Do you think the CPSC24 will have a high enough output?

Also any other insight on sealing the flagstone?

4. Back To Top    #4

Running on low speed for just 8 hours, I'd definitely go with the CPSC36.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit