Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Inground 20x40 build

1. Back To Top    #1

New Inground 20x40 build

Well, been a long time coming, finally broke ground yesterday. Many, many obstacles along the way so far, the worse being the field line relocation which we didnt plan in the budget. Oh well...

I bought the kit (royal swimming pools) and am sub contracting the work out.

20x40 rectangle, 2' radius corners, 8' cozy cove w/ jets, 8' roman step in the shallow end, Interfab T7 diving board with LED light and waterfall, 4 savi note LED lights with MX controller.

The plan is for about 1200' of stamped and stained concrete deck. There will also be a 24x16 stamped/stained pad poured for a future pavilion and kitchen area.

36" Monster

more to come as it happens
    20x40 Inground Vinyl Liner, Hayward Aqua Plus System, Hayward 40K Salt Cell, Jandy 36" Sand Filter, Hayward Northstar 1.5HP 2spd pump, 3/4HP Booster with Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Inground 20x40 build

Looks like a VERY professional start.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That's making me want one. Keep the step by step pics coming.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

It is looking GREAT!!! The dig looks amazing so far!!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Looks like a VERY professional start.
    Agreed, very nice.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here is a few more, pool together and collar poured. Poolkrete should be today or tomorrow

20x40 Inground Vinyl Liner, Hayward Aqua Plus System, Hayward 40K Salt Cell, Jandy 36" Sand Filter, Hayward Northstar 1.5HP 2spd pump, 3/4HP Booster with Polaris 280

7. Back To Top    #7

WOW quick progress!! Looks great!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow! That hole is perfect! I wish I had it that easy. We ran into a shale vane and limestone. Very nice pics!

thanks

Tom
    1) 16X32 IG Vinyl 18,200
    2) Hayward 120 Sq.ft. cartridge
    2) Hayward Super Pump 1.5HP
    3) AquaRite Salt Water, Turbo Cell

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by tmill002
    Wow! That hole is perfect! I wish I had it that easy. We ran into a shale vane and limestone. Very nice pics!

thanks

Tom
    Thanks. Well he told me before I started, as did many others he does pools for...he said "I dig a beautiful hole, just wait." He was right.

Easy, not so much. We tried to start once, field lines in the way. had to cut the lines, move them over and further back, pushed us back a week and a half, and still couldnt move the pool over as far as we want to and maintain proper distance from septic and lines. That was $2k we werent planning for.

Not realizing our grade was so steep in the back is a shocker to. The shallow end of the pool is just 10" or so above current ground level, but the deep end (swimout side) is about 40" above current ground level. We envisioned a pool level with the yard, now we will have a pretty good slope around the pool, especially in the back.

Because of setbacks, we are not going to be able to finish the build before our planned vacation, so there will be more time lost as well. Since I am subbing everything out I am not going to let major things happen while I am not around. So it definitely has not been stress free, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I just hope I get to swim a few weeks before closing it up.

10. Back To Top    #10

I bought a smaller one from the same company. I had to relocate the main service coming from the transformer across my yard into the house. It cost a fortune.

Tom
    1) 16X32 IG Vinyl 18,200

11. Back To Top    #11

I was just talking to a friend about how deep you were I said thats gonna be a lot of back fill
    1) 16X32 IG Vinyl 18,200

12. Back To Top    #12

Ok all, give me your thoughts since its not to late yet. I am using 4 nexxus savi note LED lights. Where would you put them? The holes arent drilled out for them yet and I have to decide quickly. Me and the builder were kinda thinking 2 in the deep end panels, 2 in the shallow end panels facing each other. May be a dark spot in the center of the pool, I dunno. Or we could put 2 on each long wall facing each other, but will likely have dark spots on the 2 ends.

My wife suggested putting 1 light in each side. Meaning 1 in shallow end and 1 in deep end facing each other, then 1 on each side wall facing each other.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tmill002
    I was just talking to a friend about how deep you were I said thats gonna be a lot of back fill
    Yep, I am one of the rare birds who not only will have no dirt to haul off, but because of our footage of deck he said he will likely bring in 1-2 loads of dirt.

13. Back To Top    #13

Well a lot of people brought up a good point when we did ours. They said you want them pointing away from which ever direction will be your entertaining space... so if you plan to put tables and chairs and such say on the right side of the pool, you may want to consider putting the lights on the right side as well so they shine to the left- it gives the pool a beautiful glow effect and you don't have bright blobs blaring into your eyes when you are entertaining at night... just a thought!

14. Back To Top    #14

I was wondering if these savi notes, which are smaller nicheless lights, would put off enough light to affect you if they were aimed certain ways. I dont know how bright they are. I did find this post kinda showing how they look. which-lights-for-my-pool-t16879.html

I have 4 of these little fellas. It also states they can be mounted a minimum of 4" below water level, but I dont know how deep they "should" go to work best.

15. Back To Top    #15

Well the crew took friday off. They put the poolkrete in this morning but I doubt I will get to take pics because the liner will likely be in by the time I am able to get home. I took a couple off of a cam showing of the poolkrete. More to come as it happens

16. Back To Top    #16

17. Back To Top    #17

We have the same exact liner! Your build is moving very quickly!

18. Back To Top    #18

Its going quick, but no work today . We got to get the plumbing finished (its half done), and need a couple loads of dirt for backfilling the back. I hope that will be on the agenda tomorrow. the electrician came today expecting to bond everything, but he cant do his thing because the backfill isnt done and he is going out of town tomorrow until sunday. Oh well, is what it is right.

19. Back To Top    #19

Looking Good Ct! I wish I was that far along. I just finished backfill I need to install cope, pour the apron, do the bottom and drop the liner. everything else is done. sounds so easy lol
    1) 16X32 IG Vinyl 18,200

20. Back To Top    #20

Just a few odds and ends of equipment and plumbing being installed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast