Solar panels

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I just bought a house with a pool. I've never had a pool before and it's going to be an experience I'm sure.
Anyway, the house has some HUGE solar panels on the roof. I'm talking big. Probably 12 feet square and there are two of them. Well, the way things are plumbed, the guy was going to use them for the water heater but he never hooked them up to the water heater so I was thinking of having a plumber come out and hook it up to the pool.
I have several questions. I'll be living in Mesa Arizona where it's very warm most of the year. With solar heaters that big, how much could I extend the swim season with those and how would a guy hook those up to the pump system? Would I need a completely seperate pump or can I just run it thru the existing system? Also, what kind of valves would I need to install?

The panels for heating a pool are very different from those meant for household hot water use. Essentially, the two are mutually exclusive due to the different designs and needs for each application. You can't just just either type of system for the other application.

If you post a picture, it would help us to identify which you have.

Posting is easy. Copy your pictures to a photobucket.com album (its free). Each picture in the album will have several code options appear when you hover over it. You want to copy the 4th option and paste it here in the reply box, one per line. You won't see the picture unless you preview your posting otherwise you will just see the code to call up the picture.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.