Ok I know if you smell gas shut it off, but in our old house we had a house water heater with a pilot light. When it kicked on, it smelled.
So the guys came and hooked the gas line to the heater and now it smells like gas. Not strong, just a waft here and there. It isn't running yet, just the pilot light is on. Has anyone had this experience with a natural gas heater? I'm going to close the line and let the pilot go out. Hopefully it isn't too much trouble to re-light.
The pilot is on, Cause the chimney on top is warm.