New Pool - Lantana, Tx

Cantose

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2008
Flower Mound, TX
Howdy all,

Just getting started building a house over in Texas, and am working up estimates from contractors for the pool.

Quick question.

How are the Jandy product lines? The first quote has a Jandy Soft Cell with the Nature 2 mineral injector. I am having trouble finding reviews for these products, and the idea of the mineral injector sounds strange. (I have a salt cell pool now, and except for acid, it runs itself)

I gotta say, I was a little shocked at the price. With a raised spa .. it's about 53k. I don't have color printouts of the design yet, but I will add them when I can. The bid is all high end equipment.

It's a sizable pool - 3'6" low end, to 6 feet in the deep end. With Stonescape pebble plaster finish with the added pebble. Jandy PRO DE Filter with a heater with is a Jandy LXI 400k heater for the spa. (Jandy Stealth 2HP pump)

Dimensions are:

Length 32.6 feet
Width 22 feet
496' of decking (aggregate)
91' of stone with 36' of rock and beam along the back side with 3 small waterfalls.

Any comments appreciated. Will post design when I get it. 2 more bids coming in soon.

Thanks!
Cantose

Hello neighbor. I would seek out other bids. That is high.

Do NOT let yourself get talked into any type of mineral system. The Nature 2 (I used to have one), the Pool Frog, and other similar systems add metals to your pool. Metals cause green hair and stains on pool surfaces. They are expensive to run and offer no benefit at all. They are only moneymakers for pool builders who sucker folks in to paying for them. Any pool builder that tries to sell you a mineral system is not one that I would do business with.

anonapersona said:
I wish the rocks bordering my pool were all above the water line. Serious algae traps.

That is some good insight. I would imagine that folks really don't know just how much extra underwater surface area comes with that type of border. It would be tough to clear an algae bloom with that I would bet.

I don't know - price sounds about right for the DFW area - you have a good sized/big pool. We had bids of 45-55k for a ~17x32 contemporary with spa, pebbletec, travertine and -about 700 sf of stamped decking. I would guess you are in the 25-30k gallon range. Same depth profile.

PS ours was all jandy, cartridge filter (like it better than our DE in our old pool and the water is just as clear) jandy variable speed pump, heater, PDA - only water features were deck jets - 2 lights in pool 1 in spa - conventional that I replaced with LED bulbs - all 1+ year old and no problems. Might save some if you go with a lower quality builder but then I doubt it would be done before summer is over - they save money by taking the subs when they aren't busy.

Edit: ours is closer to 18'x36'

Who's the builder. I'm right next door to you in Flower Mound, and just got my first quote today at $48k for all Jandy, 19 x 36, 605 sq ft with a 111 foot perimeter and 3'6" to 8'6". This builder also uses the Nature2 - I like him, but based on everything I've ready, it's not worth the money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.