Salt tester

Has anyone use the electronic salt tester? I see it is expensive but will pay for itself in time if that is all you need. I see they use it at commercial pool suppliers to sample the salt level.

LAMOTTE SALT TDS TEMP TRACER POCKETESTER

Attachments

• SWTESTER.jpg
    SWTESTER.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 86
I test my water once a week when I do maintenance on my pool. I live in Southern California so my pool is used almost all year around and with the cost of the salt strips, 10 for $14.00, I figure it will pay for itself over time. I see that most of the pool suppliers and pool techs are starting to use the electronic tester instead of the strips. I found online that the tester cost shipped will be $125.00.

Do you actually see so much change in the salt levels week-to-week that weekly testing is necessary? If you were testing monthly, the breakeven point would be about 7.5 years; I'd be skeptical that the tester will last that long. Pool professionals are presumably doing such tests on SOMEBODY'S water multiple times a day, so their experience doesn't really translate to someone caring for a single pool.

Of course, if you really need the weekly tests then the payoff time is under two years and it makes more sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.