Desperately need advice. (Day 9--We have a clear pool now!)

Re: Desperately need advice. Green pool won't clear up!

Just went to check on the pool and it's very blue and I can see the entire bottom clearly! Will start vacuuming either later today or tomorrow and then we can enjoy the rest of the swimming season! Thank god I found this forum and many thanks to those who helped!

so I have a question... how do we attach the vacuum hose to the skimmer? This is my first time having to take care of a pool and everything's broken. We have to get a new hose and a vacuum head. Do we need the skimmer vacuum plate? The old one has a plate but it's broken. I watched a video and it says there should be a hold under the skimmer basket and we can just attach the hose there? Thanks!

With mine I can either use the skimmer plate, or I can remove the skimmer basket and stick the end of the hose right down the skimmer. It's a fairly simple process. Just make sure to blow all of the air out of your hose before hooking it up. I do this by holding one end of the hose underwater and placing the other end of the hose up to the return to let the force of the water blow the air out.

New pictures! I can see the entire bottom clearly and the water is almost crystal clear. Just need to vacuum up the debris from the bottom and then we have a pool!

Attachments

• S8301616.jpg
    S8301616.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 72
  • S8301617.jpg
    S8301617.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 72
  • S8301619.jpg
    S8301619.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 72

pepsiholic said:
With mine I can either use the skimmer plate, or I can remove the skimmer basket and stick the end of the hose right down the skimmer. It's a fairly simple process. Just make sure to blow all of the air out of your hose before hooking it up. I do this by holding one end of the hose underwater and placing the other end of the hose up to the return to let the force of the water blow the air out.
Thanks! I'll check the skimmer. The skimmer basket is stuck in there tilted. Have to find a way to get it out...

Re: Desperately need advice. (Day 9--We have a clear pool no

:party: Great job! Have you passed the OCLT yet? Make sure to test it to make sure. If you have, then balance all your other numbers, and use the pool calculator to determine how much chlorine to add nightly to maintain and most of all ENJOY!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Snowball,
Great job! :goodjob:
Always a good feeling when we can help as we all have been in your shoes at one time.
Don't be afraid to keep testing and posting if you have questions! :)
I my case I got my pool perfect, but over time I saw a pattern of needing muriatic acid to keep the ph from drifting up a lot, so I decided to lower the TA from 120 to 80. (as read in pool school/ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry)
As soon as it got to 7.8, I lowered it to 7.2, turned the return up to aerate the surface to bring back up to 7.8 and did this 3-4 times and now that I'm at TA of 80 the ph stays pegged at 7.5 ALL THE TIME!
Even if we have pool party's like we did today and several times before. :party:

Again, Congratulations to your new sparklypoolitis status!

Chuck

Thanks everyone! Still can't believe I turned the black swamp into a sparkling pool! Went swimming this morning with the family. Here is a picture :-D

Attachments

• S8301638.jpg
    S8301638.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 39

Congrats! Glad to hear you got your pool cleared up. Things should be much easier (and cheaper) from now on.
Just keep the chlorine level in the range for your CYA and don't over adjust the PH and things should stay nice and clear.

You're only problem now will be deciding if you're going to vacuum or dive for that little leaf on the bottom ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.