Big identation under the liner

May 3, 2011
We have had our 21 foot round agp buried except for about 12" on one side 8" on the other for about 2 months now. Everything has been great. We were swimming last night and noticed an indentation about 1 foot from the side of the pool on the bottom. It is about 2 inches across, but when you gently press on it you can't feel the ground, you only feel the give of the liner. So, obviously the dirt is not supporting that small piece of liner. (this is new because we regularly check the bottom of the pool) We don't want to drain the pool to fill it in because we are worried that ground around the pool isn't solid enough yet. Will this pressure from the water put hole in the liner? Any advice on what to do? Thanks!

It depends on a lot of factors, quality of liner, age, etc. I have one in my pool (in ground vinyl liner pool) right by the steps that has been slowly growing for years (there is no leak), it started off about the size of a bottle cap, now is about the size of a woman's foot and about 2 inches deep. For me it will be time to change the liner again in a few more years, hopefully it will last until then.

Ike

I have found the ones under previous liners in my pool were caused by crawfish, I am not sure about the current one though as it is much bigger, maybe some other type of tuneling animal as I recently found an entrance to some sort of burrow or den under one of my shrubs about 20 feet from the side of the pool..

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.