T-15 Cell with Aqualite

Xenon

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
T-15 Cell with Aqualite

So I had to replace the flow switch and the panel already after buying a new house. I'm hoping the cell doesn't need it too. Before leaving the swg said check salt and inspect cell, so I tested salt and added. After a few days I thought the level would come up and lights would go out. Shocked pool before leaving town with bleach and came back to a clear pool.

Tested last night:
FC 2.5
CC -.5
pH 7.8
TA 110
CYA 55
Sa 2900-3000

The diag lights are still on but I think it is generating something. Before adding my last round of about 6 gals of bleach, my FC was at zero. I don't think that would hold it for 4 days w/o some help from the SWG. SO, what should I do? I think the CYA needs to come up some (it was 75-80 4 days ago). Is there anything I need to do immediately?

My thoughts are to add some more bleach to get to approx FC 5 and have a pool shop test the CYA since I'm not 100% confident in my testing ability. Add CYA acid as needed.

What to do about the 2600 reading on the SWG?

Anything else to look into? At least it is safe to swim in now (I think) :-D

Clear the diagnostic lights by pressing and holding the selector button (little black button to the left of the display) until the lights go out. Then, check again in a few hours. If the lights are still out, you are good to go.

Welcome to TFP - THANK YOU for supporting the site!! :goodjob:

The reading of 2600 is the default setting - check the instant salinity by pressing the little black diagnostic button 5X it will show a number with a "-" infront of it- that number is you current salinity.

Any chance you could push the diagnostic button 5X and report what number is displayed for each push? (page 14 of your owner's manual should tell you what each number represents)

I'll do this later tonight after I go for a visit - It's at my "new" house I'm not living in yet. The last I tried it, the instant showed the same as the average (default as you said). Although the default has come up from 1600 to 2100 to 2600 now as I've added salt over the last couple weeks

Numbers taken after a reset:
26.6 33.2 26.7 28.4 it bounced around a lot as I kept going through and clearing diags/switching to super chlorinate and back
3.6 (this moved a bit too, think it started around 5 and was dropping, but balanced around this number)
79p
AL-0
R-1.58
T-15
Panel inside metal box hot to touch - I think I have it running 9am to 7 pm (this was about 6:15). Is this normal?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.