Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T-15 Cell with Aqualite

1. Back To Top    #1

T-15 Cell with Aqualite

T-15 Cell with Aqualite

So I had to replace the flow switch and the panel already after buying a new house. I'm hoping the cell doesn't need it too. Before leaving the swg said check salt and inspect cell, so I tested salt and added. After a few days I thought the level would come up and lights would go out. Shocked pool before leaving town with bleach and came back to a clear pool.

Tested last night:
    FC 2.5
    CC -.5
    pH 7.8
    TA 110
    CYA 55
    Sa 2900-3000

The diag lights are still on but I think it is generating something. Before adding my last round of about 6 gals of bleach, my FC was at zero. I don't think that would hold it for 4 days w/o some help from the SWG. SO, what should I do? I think the CYA needs to come up some (it was 75-80 4 days ago). Is there anything I need to do immediately?

My thoughts are to add some more bleach to get to approx FC 5 and have a pool shop test the CYA since I'm not 100% confident in my testing ability. Add CYA acid as needed.

What to do about the 2600 reading on the SWG?

Anything else to look into? At least it is safe to swim in now (I think)
    25k gallon rectangular, Cartridge filtered
    New AquaRite T-15 cell and board
    IG Plaster, No idea of pump size/flow rate
    TF-100 kit with the K-1776 salt kit
    Polaris 280
    Still learning, but I've been to pool school!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T-15 Cell with Aqualite

Clear the diagnostic lights by pressing and holding the selector button (little black button to the left of the display) until the lights go out. Then, check again in a few hours. If the lights are still out, you are good to go.
    20 x 40 vinyl IG. SWG. Solar. Ikeric VS pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

It sounds like you are on the right track. Having the unit read salt at 2600 is close enough to 3000, so there is nothing really to worry about there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP - THANK YOU for supporting the site!!

The reading of 2600 is the default setting - check the instant salinity by pressing the little black diagnostic button 5X it will show a number with a "-" infront of it- that number is you current salinity.

Any chance you could push the diagnostic button 5X and report what number is displayed for each push? (page 14 of your owner's manual should tell you what each number represents)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll do this later tonight after I go for a visit - It's at my "new" house I'm not living in yet. The last I tried it, the instant showed the same as the average (default as you said). Although the default has come up from 1600 to 2100 to 2600 now as I've added salt over the last couple weeks
    Polaris 280

6. Back To Top    #6

Numbers taken after a reset:
    26.6 33.2 26.7 28.4 it bounced around a lot as I kept going through and clearing diags/switching to super chlorinate and back
    3.6 (this moved a bit too, think it started around 5 and was dropping, but balanced around this number)
    79p
    AL-0
    R-1.58
    T-15
    Panel inside metal box hot to touch - I think I have it running 9am to 7 pm (this was about 6:15). Is this normal?
    Polaris 280

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for the #s

If you're showing -1100 as the instant, your unit thinks there isn't enough salt and will balk on generating

Have you visually inspected the cell?
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8

High volts, low amps, and the controller reporting low salinity means you probably need a new cell.
    Is there a shop nearby that can test the cell?
    Have them test the salinity of the water also.

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.