For the past couple of weeks, my chlorine's been really low(0). I was only using pucks(insuffecient) and it was bringing my CYA level too high, so I removed them bought a shock treatment, put it in, waited 2 days, got it tested again at my pool store and it was still at zero. I bought another shock treatment, did the same thing and still at zero and now with a PH of 8.2. The store then recommended me to put my floater back in with 1 puck, buy some liquid clorine and Muriatic Acid, which I did. I added 4L(shock) of 10% concentrated chlorine and 500ml of MA got it tested again this morning and still at zero and PH of 8.2. What am I doing wrong? I'll be removing the floater again and replacing about 6" of water with new water so the CYA comes down.
Here are this morning results.
According to the pool calculator, I should put 1.18L of 10% chlorine, and 0.5L of MA. Is that about right? Should I be shocking my pool again(4L of chlorine)? My pool is exposed to direct sunlight from 9 am to 6 pm and it has been really hot lately and should be for the next few days.
As for buying a test kit, I will be getting one when I go to the states this fall(for next season) since 150$ is too expensive.