Coping - Plastic versus Aluminum

Hello All,

A quick question... With a new liner installation, I also need to replace the coping as some of the original coping is broken and missing. The guy who is installing the liner was going to replace the coping with a vertical plastic coping and include it in the price of the liner replacement. I questioned whether using a plastic coping was a good idea and he said he uses the plastic coping in most of his liner installs and has had no issues with it failing over the years. He said it will be an additional $200 dollars to instead install aluminum coping.

My question is, for the low cost of $200 dollars is it worth installing aluminum coping or will plastic last for years to come.

Thanks in advance for opinions on this.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for replying JasonLion! My thinking would have been that aluminum would have been more durable than plastic, so, I'm wrong in assuming that. I was thinking that plastic over the years would have a tendancy to get brittle and possibly crack or break. So, probably the best way to go would to be to let them install plastic coping?

Thanks Again,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.