Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Totally lost!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Totally lost!!

Hello and thank you for creating this site, I'm pretty sure I'll learn a lot here. I just got my agp installed, they change the hose for PVC because it was going to be easy for me to clean the filter however they didn't teach me how to do it. Yesterday my kids throw some toys in the pool and it seems that some of them got stickers or tag prices and I can see some papers in the little basket next to the filter. There's 2 valves in the filter system that go to the pool, one from the cartridge and one from this little basket. My pool is an 18' round 54", my filter is a Waterway Clear Water II 100 sqft cartridge system with 1.5 pump. What should I do? Please help me!!!
    7,646 Gal.Trevi Ultima Series 222 - 18ft Round 52" Resin / Galv. Steel Above Ground Pool - Waterway Clear Water II 100sqft Cartridge Filter System with 1.5 hp Pump 2 speed

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Totally lost!!

Welcome to TFP!

Those valves are there to let you work on your pump and filter without losing water from the pool.

Turn the pump off. Close both valves. Remove the basket lid and clean it out. Put the basket lid back on. Open both valves and turn the pump back on.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Be sure to open the valves BEFORE you turn the pump on! DOn't ask how many times I've done that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Also, be sure you close BOTH valves before opening the lid. Although if you suck in some air slowly opening the lid to get it primed is handy.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]