What am I doing wrong? misters and aeration

I have two of those PVC pool misters and we haven't had much luck, not sure what I'm doing wrong. 15k gallon pool with semi-dark bottom, full sun. Dallas, TX. We set the pump and the water wall to run from 10pm to 6pm instead of during the day. Last night the pool was 96 degrees, this am is was 92. Temp made it up to 95 degrees today - will see what it is tomorrow, but with only 1 degree improvement from pm to pm I'm pretty sure i won't see the 8-10 degrees that the mister folks advertised. FYI I only have 3 jets in my pool - 2 using the misters. They do appear to have sufficient pressure.

I have noticed that the rock wall and the hot tub spillover generally has much warmer water than the pool - seems like the rocks are absorbing heat and transferring to the water.

What do you think - should I add another mister to the pool (last jet) and one in the hottub? Give up and cover the hot tub since I suspect that water is much warmer than pool (since it is smaller body of water)... Change the time? Or do I need to just shell out the dough and get a chiller?

ANY thoughts are welcome! thanks, louise

The spill over spa probably needs to be run regularly to keep chlorinated water moving through it. Can you shade it with a large umbrella?

I suspect that you need to continue running mostly at night. You may continue to see a degree each night, it could add up. Pull up a Weatherbug site near you to see a temp graph. Run as much as possible during those cooler hours, probably midnight to 8AM. That is what I do, then I run the Polaris for a few short runs during the day to circulate a little, and I run the waterfall just occasionally to keep it chlorinated. Rocks add a lot of heat if they are in the sun. So minimize that in the hot hours where you can. The dark bottom of the pool is another major issue. Umbrellas and shade should help.

The misters do work, but a they drive pH up if TA is high, I would tend to run them when the pool is in use.

Thanks everyone... I did change the timeframe and have now ordered an umbrella to try and shade the hot tub... Today the pool went right back up to 96 degrees, and that was WITH the misters going so we seem to be going backwards (or at least no progress despite running them during the day). uugh.

You say "mister". The ones I've seen have been around the valet area at the Las Vegas hotels. They work real good to cool the air. Which leads me to wonder...is your problem perhaps that the mist is too fine? Yes, as it evaporates, it loses heat. But how much of that cooler water returns to the pool, and how much just evaporates completely, cooling the surrounding air? It might be worth investigating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.