HELP: read aquachek test strips

May 18, 2011
Hi,

can someone please help me to read this test strip.

chlorine, ALK, CYC is look fine and I am NOT sure about PH. is the ph too high? i couldn't tell look at the strip

note: after swim my eyes is red for about 5 minutes,

Thanks

Homer

Attachments

• IMG-20110719-00002.jpg
    IMG-20110719-00002.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 138
Those strips are useless they always read an off the chart color on the ph. You really need a proper test kit ..it is a requirement to properly take care of a pool it will pay for itself in a very short time !

With a proper test kit your in charge of your pool!

Without one the pool is in charge and will win everytime and drive you crazy trying to fix it!

I read that ph at ~7.5, 7.6 maybe.

But I don't trust it. Strips will foul you up every time. Been there done that... Firm believer in a good test kit now. They can give you a general idea but I would never adjust chemicals using them again.

DO NOT trust the CYA reading on that. It is never even close to accurate.

Looks like 6.8 - 7.2 to me.

Are you seeing a problem? Three different people see three different values. I've used several different pH tests and the K-1000 test is the best I've seen as far as being able to tell the pH accurately.

You really should consider ordering a good test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.