Moved post. If you even think you might be hijacking, always start your own thread!
Not to highjack the thread but I have the same problem. Pool was sparkling, just had high FC loss and algae patches to brush every day. I was keeping my fc at or above 5 before starting shock. I'm on my 3rd day/night at or above shock level and still brushing algae off the sides. I'll continue the shock until I pass the ocl test. How long can this process go on until passing? Like I said, it was clear and still is.