Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baja deck returns

1. Back To Top    #1

Baja deck returns

We are installing a "baja deck" approximately 8' x 8' and ~8" deep on our IG pool. We have two returns plumbed that are facing up (the sky) on the baja deck. I had assumed we would just put the standard returns there to have water bubble up or spray out of the water (similar to http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com/li...79_500x375.jpg) depending on the valve setting.

The PB was saying that the standard return with they eyeball nozzle would stick up a bit and might be a trip hazard. I didn't think it would be an issue but is there some special product to purchase for a baja deck floor return? He mentioned that there was a brass flush mount fountain item that he could intall (for extra $$). We had planned to put chairs down on the deck so I'm wondering if that would be an issue with breaking the plastic eyeball nozzle. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baja deck returns

Not sure about special nozzles being necessary, but brass (or any other metal) is a no-no. Don't let him do that.

Any of you folks with bubblers want to comment?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Baja deck returns

It seems like from what I've been reading that the regular return nozzle is the cheapest way to go - it will still provide the bubbling effect that we want, match all the other returns and will be easy to replace if anything happens. Can they recess or flush mount the returns or are they manufactured where they sit out 3/8"-1/2"?