Skimmer tile grout job - ??

N43122

Jul 12, 2011
Mesa, AZ
is this a lousy grout job or would this be considered normal? It just seems like a rushed job. My PB seems to think it's fine but I'm not agreeing with that.

skimmer.jpg

Obviously not a very good job. The problem is grout is very easy to deal with when it's wet and a pain once it drys. Your PB is just trying to get to the next job with a minimum of grief on this one. (The PC way of saying LAZY)

I dont think insisting that someone should have taken the 5 minutes to ensure the grout lines were straight is unreasonable.

It should be pretty easy to rub the grout off the plastic skimmer mouth. I don't think it looks all that great, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. If you hadn't been inspecting every inch of the pool because it's new, you never would have noticed it. I don't spend all that much time looking in my skimmer mouth...it's kind of scary.

If that's the biggest issue you have, consider yourself very lucky!

If that's the biggest issue you have, consider yourself very lucky!

I wish it were the only issue. There has been a screw up with almost every step of the way with our project. Excavation, rebar, electrical, finish, etc. It's a nightmare project. If it were the only issue I'd not make a deal of it but it's one of too many to list.

In several months when you're swimming and enjoying, the irritation factor goes down. Get over your PB and move on. Don't have him do anything else and find someone else that is more responsible and concerned about their work when you need something done. Also, if there is warranty work on your equipment, call the equipment company directly and insist you don't want your PB to do the warranty work. That's what I've done and I get the opportunity to see other PB's work and how they present themselves. I too had almost identical looking grout job on a repair of one of the skimmers - UGH. I spent some time cleaning up after them. It's not worth them coming out. They don't get any better. It's done and we're moving on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.