baquacil levels for conversion

I just started my conversion about a week ago. Do not waste your time with any chemicals to help decrease your baqua levels. They dont work (60.00 later and 2 weeks wait time) I ended up draining about 1/2 our pool and adding tap to dilute the levels. When I started the conversion my levels were around 20-30. I still ended up using so far about 45 gallons of bleach or so.... I have 7500 gallon pool. I think I am almost done!

Thank you, I haven't tried to lower the baquacil level, just still trying to lower the ph, using muriatic acid, just wondering if I should start now or wait until levels get lower, my pool is 30 ft round, 21,200 gal, sand filter, and I have a well, but don't want to drain anymore than I have to because of strain on the well, I know I will have to refill as I backwash. Thanks for any and all help!

started adding bleach on wednesday evening, used only 9 182 oz bottles another 9 the next day, 4 on friday and today only needs 2.8, something just doesnt seem right, I have no goo, not using that much bleach, psi isnt raising that high, I have backwashed 3 times and water is just a creamy yellow color, I have chlorine every morning when I test and I bring up to 15 each evening.

It depends partly on the size of your pool and how much baquacil was in there to start with. Are you testing every hour or so to maintain your level to 15 throughout the day? Or are you just dosing it to 15 in the evenings (that's going to take a lot longer) The heavier you hit it the quicker the process. Not everyone gets the rainbow of colors, mine just kind of went to a funky greenish and I didn't have much crud either (until I cleaned out the sand at the end of conversion....yuck!). Every conversion is different.

The pool store told me my baquacil was at 70, my pool is 30 ft round, and everytime I test I have chlorine, I bring it up to 15 ever evening, havent been to check it during the day because I'm at work, but will hit harder the next few days. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wanted to say, it was a long process, but worth every bottle of bleach, the water is crystal clear and everyone is bragging on it. It hasn't looked this good in years. So glad I can stop throwing my money down the drain. Thank you so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.