New here....need advice on where to buy AG pool !

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hi guys. This looks like a great forum and I hope I can get some help from some of you.
I am a first time pool owner. I originally planned on installing a 18x52" ultra frame pool from intex. After getting the pool and doing some additoinal reading, I realized that I dont want to take my pool down every year and want something that will last longer. I have to return the intex pool (and the saltwater system).
I live in lehigh valley PA and we get some intense winters with snow and very cold temps.
So I was looking for a 21' above ground pool using the same type of system I planned for the intex---sand and saltwater. I tried going local but found the prices for pools online to be literally half of what they were at a pool store.
I have an independent contractor to level my land (its about 12 inch from high point to low) and install the pool so now I just need a pool (along with a salt water filter, ladder, skimmer, etc). I saw someone mentioned family pool fun and I found this pool http://www.familypoolfun.com/shop?categ ... uct=BARB12 which seems pretty reasonable. I am open to any and all advice. I would like to get either a 21 or 24 ft pool. My total budget is about 3000-3200. I have 1250 allotted to the landscaper and the pool installer. Help me out guys !

It's going to be hard to get specific advice on where to purchase. Your best bet is to do lots of research and go with what you like. Feel free to ask specific questions about the design and construction of pools you're considering.

I can't give you advice on on-line retailers, but I wanted to make sure you had other things budgeted for.

Water bill cost, chemicals (esp. if you have metals) like bleach and borax, sand for the base (was really expensive for us), electrical for the pump, gas for a heater (if you get one).

I'd plan on an extra 10% for wiggle room in your budget. We had a budget but went over due to the "extras". That doesn't even count pool toys, floaties and goggles! Gotta plan for the fun too!

Good luck with your decision!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.