Need to hear from Splash Super Pool owners

hsmom

Jun 16, 2009
Hello,

We have a 21x17 Super Splash Pool - our seventh year - love the pool!

We have a small crack in the hose that leads from the pump to the filter (Sta Rite) and I have it contained for the moment but the hose needs to be replaced. The Splash Pool people want $78.00 to replace it. I know someone that has used radiator hose, nipples, and hose clamps instead of ordering the one from the company,

Has anyone out there tried using other methods and items to fix parts of this pool and its systems, in place of ordering parts from the company? Some parts have to be replaced with factory parts, but would love to hear from people that have tried other ways.

As a side note - I cannot say enough about the BBB method and the testing kit that I bought from TFP. If only I had known sooner - I have spent hundreds of dollars - money wasted - at our local pool store. So far this year I have only purchased 20 gal. of bleach. My ph hasn't needed adjusting at all. When we pulled the cover off this spring - the water was perfect - only two leaves at the bottom the the pool - the water was clear.

Thanks!

Martha

That happened to me ribbed blue hose and a white thinner hose, I just cut the hose and took that piece to the hardware store and purchased a barbed fitting and a hose clamp (was in the sprinkler parts isle) good luck. Oh use a good layer of Teflon tape to screw the fitting together to prevent leaks.

Hope this helps!

Chad

I have a splash super pool, with Hayward filter and pump, though. When my neighbor gave me a sand filter last year, which they had used on a similar type of pool, just a different brand name, they also gave me some PVC flex pipe, like this. http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Pipes ... reId=10051 It's wonderful stuff, lasts years. (Even out here, in the hot Arizona sun. The ribbed blue hoses that came with the pool only lasted a couple of years. Just need to get barbed fittings and clamps like the previous poster said. And I replaced some, not because of leaks or anything but because I just wanted new hoses. They sell it by the foot at Lowes, for $3 a foot, and the 1 1/2" diameter that the rest of the plumbing is. Like the previeous poster said, you need a barbed fitting and hose clamp. Leslie's has good fittings for hoses. In order to keep the flex PVC from leaking around the fittings, you do have to tighten the clamps really tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.