Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just curious..........

1. Back To Top    #1

Miami, OK

Just curious..........

Just curious as to why it is best to add chlorine & muriatic acid slowly?

Switched over to BBB at end of June.....purchased my test kit........pool is sparkling clean & smells so fresh.......even with the continuous 100+ degree days we have been having here in Oklahoma!
    Gunite pool. Pool = 21,500 gallons w/ a hot tub = 606 gallons that overflows into the pool. Of course when weather is hot I do not turn the hot tub on...but continue to let it overflow into pool [because it looks nice!] Converted from Pristine Blue to BBB at the end of June, 2011. SunRay auto vacuum. StaRite Sand Filter. LOVE BBB! It is so simple & easy & inexpensive!

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: Just curious..........

To me, it's best to add it slowly because I don't like it to splash on me!

Twenty-four 100 degree days here so far, and counting. 105 predicted for Sat and Sun.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Re: Just curious..........

Both are heavier than water and will settle on the bottom if you don't allow time for circulation to mix them. With a gunite pool, the chlorine isn't a huge concern, but the MA is.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat