Help ID part

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
I have a Hayward pump that has a white plastic tube on the outside of the basket. It says, "this side out" on the tube. I found a small plastic white ball inside the tube that is exactly the right diameter to fit but not move without pushing. I had to use a small rod to push it out. Is that a normal part, or is it something that got caught? I assume it is not normal since I've not seen it before and I also assume you don't want the tube blocked, but it is odd it is the same color and exact size to fit.

I have never seen the tube, but I did find this basket, which seems to have a tube (SPX2700M).

Hayward_Max_Flo_II_Basket_SPX2700M.jpg

I can only speculate as to what the tube is for. but it looks like it's there so that the pump will evacuate the air from under lid. If that's the case, it needs to be open. If it's not the reason it's there then I'm outta ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.