Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: long can it take to clear up

1. Back To Top    #1

long can it take to clear up

After i have been keeping pool in shock level for 4-5 days water had cleared some but still cloudy,at lease it's not green.how long can this take before seeing bottom? I know it's probably not a certain number but any idea's. here my lastest num.
    FC-35
    PH-7.4
    TA- 200-220
    Cal. hard.-300
    been running pump 24 hrs.
    24' AGP sandstone,12,000 gal , cricupool rj30 SWG,fas-dpd test kit. BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: long can it take to clear up

As long as you're maintaining, probably about the time you're completely out of POP (pool owner patience) and ready to give up :~}

Go look at the other green to sparkly threads from the past couple months. The sagas and images will give you the POP you need. These pools just "turn" one day or night and surprise the owner.

Keep the faith, maintain shock level. It will happen. It always does.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

With a sand filter it can take upward of 7-10 days. What is your CYA level?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

ops , forgot yo post that.
    cya-50 and still climing

5. Back To Top    #5

You probably want to switch to liquid clorine so that CYA does not go higher. What is your CC?
    Viking Pools Freeport 12' x 25' Fiberglass 6000 Gallon Screened - Hayward Pro-Grid Vertical D.E. Filter DE2420 Hayward Superpump 1HP - Zodiac Pacer Cleaner - Pool Pilot Digital - TF-100 test kit - Central Florida Thanks to TFP Pool School, SWCG and the Pool Calculator, taking care of the pool is easy!

6. Back To Top    #6

well i messed up on water testing, come to find out my levels are not in shock mode.
    fc-1.25
    CC-1.5
    Ph-7.4
    have to start ove and dump more bleach.

7. Back To Top    #7

Were you using the 25ml sample and counting each drop as .5ppm?

If so, then you should be able to convert yesterday's test results. You said 35ppm, so that means you added 70 drops?

70 x .2 = 14ppm

And that explains why it's all but gone today. You were 2ppm under shock. CC looks good today though so it's probably only a minor setback. I would bet your pool will start behaving very soon.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.