Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vitamin C

1. Back To Top    #1

vitamin C

How much Vitamin C do I need in my 30,000 gallon pool to clear up suggested metal problem? did the tablet test and it cleared up a spot. Do i need tablet form or can i just buy a big container of vitamin C powder .. and how many pounds would I need?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vitamin C

See this topic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

dollar store sells fruit drinks with 100 percent Ascorbic acid as the only ingredient would it be ok to try to use this since is mostly just food coloring a few ingredients for taste and mostly watered down vitamin C? What places not online can i actually buy Ascorbic acid?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

4. Back To Top    #4

The concentration in the fruit drinks is going to be way too low to be practical. You can often find bulk ascorbic acid at health food stores.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by SHADEZ
    What places not online can i actually buy Ascorbic acid?
    Some pool stores will carry it, such as Leslies, but it will be more expensive.

6. Back To Top    #6

im having a bit of trouble with the AA treatment that i haven't started due to making sure i have all the information first.

Is that "metal free" stuff at the pool store the sequestering agent?
    I should apply the sequestrant first?
    How much per 10,000?
    When will it be safe to swim once I start the AA process?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SHADEZ
    im having a bit of trouble with the AA treatment that i haven't started due to making sure i have all the information first.

Is that "metal free" stuff at the pool store the sequestering agent?
    I should apply the sequestrant first?
    How much per 10,000?
    When will it be safe to swim once I start the AA process?
    Most of this is answered in the link Jason gave you in his post on Monday.

It will be safe to swim again when your pool is rebalanced.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Metal Free is a sequestrant, but it is not one of the ones we recommend using. Other than that, see the topic I linked to in the second post above.

9. Back To Top    #9

Where is the list of the recommended sequestrants?

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool School lists some in this topic:

pool-school/metal%20stains
    20k gallon IGP
    Plaster over gunite
    3/4 hp Hayward pump
    Purex Triton DE filter
    TF100 test kit w/ speedstir