Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My intex easy set sprung a few leaks!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

My intex easy set sprung a few leaks!!!

Now what.. can we just get a patch kit to last the rest of the summer? we cant get out big pool back up to being in a drought .. it only needs to last till labor day for DD's birthday .. what do we do!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My intex easy set sprung a few leaks!!!

Yes. The pool should have come with a patch kit but if not you can buy them just about anywhere pool supplies are sold (lowes, home depot, walmart, etc.). If you do a search here for "patch" you will find some very informative threads detailing patching. Make sure to patch inside and out unless you're patching the floor (obviously lol).

Underwater patch kits work, you just need to make sure you hold the patch securely for a long time or the edges will curl. Press all the water bubbles out from under it on the water side and hold it tightly for at least 2 minutes (if not 5). Make sure the patch is larger than the hole, by about 1".
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

frogabog, thanks huge help!

Oh by the way.. I love your siggy. Makes me smile everytime!

4. Back To Top    #4

:~} Glad to be of service. Smiling is good for you. Water temp is up to 70-72. Slightly less blue kids here, mid July...

My kids are conditioned. Their friends claim it's cold but they adamantly tell them no, it's WARM!
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.