Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED lighting question

1. Back To Top    #1

LED lighting question

Hi there, I have a question about some pool lights. Have an L shaped vinyl liner pool - 24 x 40 ( 16 x 24 deep butting up to a 16 x 24 shallow). Have one light on the deep end shining down the 40' stretch and also have another light on the shallow end pointing down the 24 feet stretch toward the steps. These are the old standard white Pentair lights. Want to switch over to the LED Intellibrite lights but not sure that I care to go with the 5G colored ones (expense and probably wouldn't use the different colors anyway) - thinking more like the white. But if I went with the white, not sure which wattage I should get. The liner is medium dark blue. Any advice is appreciated - just replaced liner and need to make a decision on these lights very soon.
    Carrollton TX
    18k gallons, 3-6 ft deep
    IG, Plaster
    DE Filter
    I know nothing about pools

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: LED lighting question

You have a big pool, so I'd get the biggest lights. With a dark liner, the extra light will help.

Others feel free to comment, since I have a tiny pool with a tiny light...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Columbus Ohio

Re: LED lighting question

We did a 16x32 ft pool and we put two LED lights in the pool, the are the G5's we love the color changing lights- it may be over kill on lighting in our pool but it is an entertainment pool as we do not have children so we like the bright lights, the LEDs are great so far
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio