Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pH meter

1. Back To Top    #1

pH meter

with the accu test digital meter getting no so great reviews, can i use the hanna pH meter i use for my fish tanks to measure pH for my pool?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pH meter

You can use the Hanna meter. I have one that I used to use but found that keeping it calibrated was a pain so now I just use the pH test that came in the TF-100. Which you should have, and if not you should get one. The TF-100 I mean.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Digital or mechanical pH meters are a PITA. You have to calibrate it before each use and who wants to spend the time? Just use the drop test, it's fast and accurate.
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

4. Back To Top    #4

what is a speedstir?

5. Back To Top    #5

http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magneti ... r-p56.html

It makes doing the CH test a WHOLE lot easier.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I use the Hanna meter to verify, if I'm feeling color blind but not often. It is more "work" than a quick drop test. I would not buy one however, the one we have was free.

Taylor's PH (large comparator) is easier to read than HTH's OTO comparator in my opinion. I don't have Taylor's OTO so I can't compare it to the HTH OTO although I assume they are about the same. Taylor phenol red in 2oz is about $6 locally whereas .75oz is $5. Weird. The big test block was $15 and I'm glad I got it. I am regularly wrong about PH using the HTH OTO block.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.