Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our 18yo had a party while we were gone this weekend. The pool was used and we found various items of clothing, loose change, jewelry, beer cans, a bottle rocket, plastic (thankfully) bottle of rum and ...drumroll....Ramon noodles. A lot. Ugh. I really hope they were just spilled there. He was/is in so much trouble!

I hope that the "we" who cleaned the pool afterwards included the 18 yr old!

I found three vultures sitting at my spa one morning. They left bits of "yuck" in the water. Did I shock the pool? Yes!

We found two bats in our pool drain last week and one flew right by our heads in the hot tub last night...any ideas on how to kep them away? We have been trying to keep the baskets clean so no bugs are in there...really freaky trying to get them out...yuk!

thanks-T

tdmaria said:
We found two bats in our pool drain last week and one flew right by our heads in the hot tub last night...any ideas on how to kep them away? We have been trying to keep the baskets clean so no bugs are in there...really freaky trying to get them out...yuk!

thanks-T

We have bats, but they don't die in the pool! Odd that yours do, I would think they knew where they were going! I would not want to get rid of ours, they eat mosquitos like no tomorrow. We had 4 flying around us at the same time last night.

Bama Rambler said:
CUTiger78 said:
I found 2 bodies - neighbors skinnydipping. WOW did she have big :shock: :shock:
Us too, but there was only one neighbor.

I told her to hang a sock on the door next time and we wouldn't look out back..... I didn't tell her about the security camera trained on the pool ;)

lol I can understand that...I mean you'd want to check the monitor to insure her safety. :mrgreen:

I thought the OP was going to list a condom as one of the pool treasures. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DaneCE said:
Bama Rambler said:
CUTiger78 said:
I found 2 bodies - neighbors skinnydipping. WOW did she have big :shock: :shock:
Us too, but there was only one neighbor.

I told her to hang a sock on the door next time and we wouldn't look out back..... I didn't tell her about the security camera trained on the pool ;)

lol I can understand that...I mean you'd want to check the monitor to insure her safety. :mrgreen:

I thought the OP was going to list a condom as one of the pool treasures. :shock:

So much scarier that there were not condoms found.....

Yep Ramen noodles, copious amounts....I hate to think about it or try to follow the possible event thread

So tomorrow morning (or afternoon... he is 18 right?) when he's in the shower... ramen noodle him over the head.

Most unusual thing found in my pool... is me btw. Ramen noodles however I would absolutely expect my 11yo to try to cook in the pool if it ever rose above 74 degrees. heheh... totally serious. This kid's a mess!

Well, I have only been doing this for a short amount of time but I have pulled 3 mice from my skimmers, 2 toads (one of which was alive, the other had drowned) and a baby bird that I think when it got out of the nest under my deck made a wrong turn and ended up in the pool.

This really freaks my wife out. Good thing I maintain the chlorine on the high end......

I almost found a cow in mine. First year we had it and we couldn't get the fence up due to other construction. I really hated spending the money for a Loop-Loc, but I did. Came home from a day out of town to find our cattle out. Got them back in, and went to bed. Looked out the window the next morning and saw mud on the pool deck. Looked closer and saw a footprint on the cover about a foot from the edge. The cover seemed a lot cheaper after that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.