Winston-Salem, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
New Intex owner here (18' Ultra Frame). I've spent a few weeks out here searching the forum and have taken the advice already of getting the quality TF100 test kit, and I've upgraded the pump/filter to the Intex 2650....now I have crystal clear water that moves around alot...thanks to all the intelligent folks that put this forum together!!! This past weekend I did some stone block work around the pool to dress up the area from the dig into a slight slope in the backyard where the pool sits. At the deepest point of the dig, it's about 8" deep. My plan is to backfill that with larger round white pebble (not pea gravel). My question is whether or not this is a bad idea since it will be up against the vinyl liner at a depth of 8 to 10 inches. Originally I planned on backfilling it with rubber mulch....then I priced the rubber mulch....would have cost a lot more than the pool!!! The width of the area to be backfilled is 1 ft. all the way around the pool....again at a depth of 8 - 10 inches. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated. I intended on posting a pic, but haven't figured out how to do that yet (looks like the only option is to link to an external site where the pic is???)

I might try to find some foam board or something that would protect the pool from the rock. I think you could easily put a layer around the pool wall around 7" thick and then let the rock fill to 8" so you couldn't see it.

You might also be able to use 1/4" plywood or anything else that will give you a layer between the pool wall and rocks

I'll have to price out the amount of sand. The idea of using the white pebble was so that it would last a few years and seemed to be more manageable from year to year while the pool was down for the winter...meaning When it comes time next year to set the pool back up, I could rake the pebble back, set the pool up, and put the pebble back in place.

The idea of the styrofoam board is interesting...I'll have to think about that one a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.