Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally passed the OCUT!

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Connecticut

Finally passed the OCUT!

Overnight we lost 1 ppm chlorine and there was no CC. (I'm not sure if the results would've been even better if I tested a bit earlier. I tested around 7:15 am, sun had been up for maybe 2 hours? But not directly on the pool.)

I can finally say the water isn't green, but it's definitely very cloudy. I can just barely make out the pattern on the bottom of the liner, but barely. I added a bit of DE to my sand filter yesterday as one person suggested. Hopefully running the filter 24/7 will help it to clear up. I figure it'll be clear about the end of the week, since we'll be out of town the whole following week.

We had people over on Saturday and the kids played in a kiddie pool, and us grown ups just longed for more than a foot of water to play in. Sigh... I think we'll be swimming in August though!! It's frustrating, but I'm so much more hopeful than I was a couple of weeks ago before I found this site!
    24' round above ground pool, 13000 gallons, vinyl liner, Hayward 1 hp pump, sand filter. Extreme newbie - got pool in July 2010 and have battled problems since late July 2010. I vow to win the war though!

2. Back To Top    #2
    West Chester, PA

Re: Finally passed the OCUT!

....and with what you learned this year... you'll have a very long swimming season next year.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Lynchburg VA

Re: Finally passed the OCUT!

Make sure you keep an eye on the pump pressure. DE will remove more materials and the pressure will rise quicker. After backwashing, you will need to addd more DE. I have a 300# sand filter and after I backwash the filter I have to add about 3 cups of DE back into the filter.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits