BBB results

I will take full pics on the next sunny day. It's a 100% improvement. Whatever was in that clarifier got what was clearly a bunch of dead algea to sink to the bottom. I think the shocking was probably enough to kill it after the first 2 days based on the numbers I was getting with the TF100, it just needed prodding. Had to add quite a bit of our super high TA water after all the vacuuming, so alkalinity is way back up.

I did have the pool guy out to look at the filter and see if anything was wrong. He said that this particular pool has always had poor drainage from the main drain after it was resurfaced, and because of all the trees it is necessity to have the filter run 24/7 for the duration of the season. After all the messing with it, it's finally started to build, rather than lose, pressure over time. Good sign.

Bought some skimmer socks and they looked nasty after less than a day, so those will be a constant fixture from here on out. New 24" pool brush to make it take a little less time. Pool party tomorrow. Hopefully the sun comes out.

FC 8
pH 7.5
TA 170

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo-copy.jpg
    photo-copy.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 34
Just an addendum, after sticking to the plan and keeping FC around 7, the pool has looked absolutely awesome for the past 10 days. It went from me not being able to see my wife from 6 feet away underwater to me being able to see a diving stick at the bottom of the 9 ft deep end from 50 ft away with no problem. Lots of empty 182 oz jugs of clorox in the garage. So thanks on that one. And for whatever reason, the filter has now built pressure and purged all the funkiness when backwashed, so it's working a-ok.

Just a question. I had the tub of Leslie's granulated chlorine out by the pool sitting idle, and I figured I'd throw in a scoop because I was temporarily out of Clorox, and boy does that stuff really makes the water dull and cloudy. Not cloudy like "i can't see anything" but it definitely looks dead compared to sticking with the Clorox. All my end-to-end top-to-bottom sparkling is drastically reduced. I guess I didnt realize before that the actual granulated chlorine was part of the problem, as far as the look of the water. It's definitely clearer after 24 hours, but I will never put another scoop of that stuff in. What is it in the granulated chlorine that causes the water to look so poor compared to just rocking the straight up Clorox?

Which chlorine was it? I'm betting it was Power Powder, which is Cal-hypo. The calcium can make your water cloudy. It'll also drive up your CH, so be careful! I used it when my CH was low and I needed to shock. Otherwise, it sits in the equipment room taking up space ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.