Calculating SWG output using the Pool Calculator
Thanks to Jason L. I think I figued out the pool calc for crunching the numbers
Here is what I did, If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears
1. take a sample from the filter purge
2. take a sample directly from a pool return via a hose w/adapter for purity
3. test both a calulate the FC ppm gain thru the system
4. know the gal/hr flow from a previous test
4.5 go to Poolcalc site: http://www.poolcalculator.com/
5. Crunch the numbers, enter your gal/hr flow rate into the "pool size" if you want the answer to be in chlorine/hr.
enter zero for the "start FC" and your calculated gain in ppm into the "target FC" box, Change to "chlorine gas"
6. Hit calculate
7. read the oz. on the second line in the yellow box
So with my rise of 8ppm it looks like my pair of Intex generators are kicking out 3.2oz/hr, 76.8oz/day or 4.8lbs/day(running 24hrs)
I started a thread here on the project: twin-intex-swg-installation-modded-to-run-24hrs-t36140.html
I currently battling a alge outbreak, my filter gasket failed and started flooding the backyard while we were on vacation, luckly my kick***** neigbor Rob saw it and flipped my breakers off, then called me. Unfortunatly the pool sat then for 4 days not running. And we had a monsoon come thru
I have been spending alot on pool chlorine, its on sale (4.99/2gal.) but to kill the alge ive gone thru 14 gals of chlorine! So I have to get the twins running 24hrs/day.
If these calculations are correct my system is making 4.8lbs/day Thats huge compared to this chart: http://discountsaltpool.com/Full_Market ... 7QodNANyYw
Let me know what you guys think