MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
My wife and I bought our first pool this year and we are very green. I've got a couple questions,on my pump I can change from swg to just filtering. Is there any reason or when should I change to just filtering? My TF-100 will be here this week, going by the test stripes from Intex my ph is above 8 I'm guessing. We were at Walmart and I purchased some conditioner and ph minus. Is there anything I should do before I can get a good test done, the water is very clear.

Is there anything I should do before I can get a good test done
Test strips are very, very unreliable but seem to do fairly well at testing pH.

If your results consistently show pH at 8.0 or above, you could lower pH down to 7.5 and then double check it with the pH test in your TF-100 when it arrives. I would wait on everything else until you can post a full set of test results.

Is the ph minus from Walmart a good product to use or should I get something different. The problem I have is that I live an hour away from any pool store but the local hardware store might carry something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.