Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low bather load in the sunny North Texas area

1. Back To Top    #1

Low bather load in the sunny North Texas area

Chem Geek

For a low bather load in the sunny North Texas area, what would you recommend? Here is what my pool builder is recommending:

Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
    Nature 2 Mineral Sanitizer
    Del Ozone Eclispe 2-Corona Discharge Ozoneator System (No UV Lamps)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Corona Discharge vs UV ozonaters vs salt water?

Nature 2 injects metal ions. Not a good thing. We don't like N2 here. The cartridges are very expensive and need replacing every 6 months. High margins for the builder and low benefit for the pool owner. Thats a pass on it item and put the money elsewhere.

Ozone can only supplement chlorine. Won't hurt anything but will require periodic service and maintenance. On a lightly used pool, you will use more chlorine. High margins for the builder and low benefit for the pool owner. Thats a pass on it item and put the money elsewhere.

Rainbow 320, as an erosion feeder, is the best of breed. But using tabs on a year round basis means periodic dilutions of the pool water to keep the stabilizer level in check. I have one on my pool. If I had a salt cell, I would still have one as a backup. Expect to add baking soda and either borax or washing soda periodically.

Salt cells and liquid fed systems typically need acid added periodically.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Low bather load in the sunny North Texas area

So would you recommend a Aqua Pure Automatic Salt Chlorine System
    with the Rainbow 320 Chlorinator and cut the Nature 2 Mineral Sanitizer?
    Additionally, do not add the Del Ozone Eclipse 2-Corona Discharge Ozoneator System?