I'm currently wanting to change the pump on our pool for a few reasons. First reason is to save energy, second is to make it MUCH quieter (bedroom on other side of wall as pump), and the third is I can receive a rebate to accomplish the first two reasons but limited to what pumps I can get.
These are my options...
- Hayward EcoStar[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Jandy ePump JEP 1.5 or 2.0[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Pentair IntelliFlo VS or VF[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Sta-rite IntelliPro VS[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
Now for my pool specs...
- 12,500 Gallons (between pool and spa)[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Sta-rite System:3 Cartridge filter[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- 2 Jandy JVA2440 valves for switching between pool & spa modes[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- 2 Sta-rite Max-E-Glas II pumps (1 for spa booster and 1 as main pump... the one I'm wanting to replace)[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Sta-rite Max-E-Glas pump for solar booster[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Sta-rite gas water heater[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- 2.25" PVC piping (at least that is my guess with an outside diameter of 2.37")[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Jandy Aqualink RS 6-button controller in house with panel inside electrical box saying RS8 (I don't know the "insides" of this system, only basic programming at control panel)[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
I'm wanting to know which pump from the first list would be best for:
- Energy efficiency (I'd believe most are close considering they are eligible for same rebate)[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
- Ease of integration with control[/*:m:2ce3uayz]
I believe that I wish to run the pump nearly constantly at relatively low flow rates most of the time instead of just a few hours a day on my single-speed pump, at least that is what I think I want to do from what I've read. Because of the Aqualink system I have (which I have little knowledge of what is behind it other than the menu for adjusting run times), I'm thinking that the Jandy ePump would be easiest to integrate, but that is just an assumption. If I where to chose Jandy, what is the difference between 1.5 & 2? If my 6-button controller doesn't work well with VS pumps, what are my cheapest upgrade options?