If I don't have a a heater. Is a check valve ..

Re: What's the purpose of installing a check valve..;

To prevent back flow of highly concentrated chlorinated water into the filter. The highly chlorinated water in the cell dilutes quickly when it reaches the body of the pool, but should it back flow into the filter and stagnate (such as when the pump is turned off) it could be strong enough to cause damage to the filter over time.

It depends on how far from the heater the SWG is. The closer together they are, measured in pipe length, the more important it is. Many brands just want three feet of pipe between the heater and the SWG. Pentair is a little unusual in asking for a check valve. Of course if you have a Pentair brand heater, leaving out the check valve can void your warranty.

JasonLion said:
It depends on how far from the heater the SWG is. The closer together they are, measured in pipe length, the more important it is. Many brands just want three feet of pipe between the heater and the SWG. Pentair is a little unusual in asking for a check valve. Of course if you have a Pentair brand heater, leaving out the check valve can void your warranty.

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a heater. So by not having a heater, does that negate the need?

Hey folks, have held off on plumbing in the salt cell until i can get a couple of opinions on this check valve issue. Understanding that I don't have a heater, is the check valve necessary. thx,SR

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.