Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool service

1. Back To Top    #1

pool service

does any one know of any pool service in Maryland that practices the BBB method along with conventional methods?

is there anyone in maryland who uses bbb in their pool?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool service

I don't know of any pool service that is really BBB. BBB calls for checking the pool every day, and no one is willing to pay their pool service enough to do that.

There are thousands of people in Maryland who use BBB. Just look how quickly WalMart sells bleach over the summer compared to the winter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

A pool service that acknowledges bbb and can give a second opinion or diagnosis that wouldnt be recommended at a pool store (such as bbb). Is what im asking about
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Why would you want to pay someone for something you can easily do/understand/diagnose yourself?

Plus, you've got everyone here for help with diagnosis if needed. Save your money, buy a popsicle or an iced coffee every day this summer instead. :~}
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

5. Back To Top    #5

If you are concerned about having to add bleach daily or every other day, use the money you'd use for a month of pool service and install a Liquidator. Worked for me!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!