Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 Speed Motor

1. Back To Top    #1

2 Speed Motor

Why would I want to run the higher speed motor on my pump?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: 2 Speed Motor

Several reasons, to mix in chemicals quicker, and more efficient vacuuming to name two. Also if you have water features running off the same pump you may want to run them at high speed so they look more impressive when company comes! Roof mounted solar panels may require a higher speed setting, ymmv.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

The four most common reasons to run the pump on high are priming the pump, backwashing the filter, coating the grids on a DE filter, and vacuuming.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks so much...I will try it at the higher speed for vacuuming and backwashing....

5. Back To Top    #5

also, some people enjoy the jet pushing them while floating around the pool
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]