Please Help!!!

Hope54

Jul 16, 2011
I am getting sand in my pool? We have changed out the laterals...even though there was no cracks in the old ones and the sand is still coming in...We have checked all of the gaskets and replaced them...How can it get into my pool...We have a old pool...the Filter is a sand TA60...I hope someone can help me

How do I fix a sig.... The pool is 17x33...It is probably around 25 yrs old...Had set for years needing repairs...We did that last summer and had a little sand coming in the pool but not as much as we do now

There are several things that look exactly like sand under water but instead, are often algae, pollen, or dust. How does this stuff feel? Does it feel like sand?

My first choice, even if it has been replaced, is a lateral. Second choice is gasket. That's is really all it can be unless someone can think of anything else.

Hope54 said:
It is sand...no doubt !!!
Well, the only idea I have is possible channelling. But, since you just changed/rearranged/cleaned the sand when you replaced laterals, I doubt that could be the issue.

Has the sand always been coming back into the pool, since 2010 repairs, or did it just start recently?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, sounds like it started after the 2010 pool repairs, correct?

Please add your pump info in your sig.
Folks will be reading and needing that info to see if your pump/filter combo are playing nicely together or what :wink:

Others will be along with some ideas. Don't worry. It will get fixed :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.