Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Thought I'd share a great product that I've been using for several years. It's a device that converts normal remote control infrared to a radio frequency so that you can control things like your AVR from outdoors. The device is called the Next Generation Remote Control Extender. It comes with rechargeable batteries that are also the frequency converters. You place one of the batteries in any remote and the signal will be converted to RF, meaning that it can pass through solid objects and you don't need line of sight. (The IR signal is also sent, so the remote works both ways.) The device that charges the batteries is also a converter that receives the RF signal and converts it back to IR, transmitting the IR signal to whatever you want to control. It sounds all techie, but it's incredibly easy to set up and use. You just plug it in and charge the batteries.

I use it with a 2nd remote for my Denon AVR, which has outdoor speakers connected, and can control my music from outdoors: changing stations, control volume, change songs on iPod, etc. It's very inexpensive (less than $50 on Amazon) and incredibly easy to set up.

For some reason, I couldn't paste a picture, so here's a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generati...HA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1310857311&sr=8-11

If you are looking for an easy way to control a tuner or anything else from outside, this will do the trick! Additionally, it will allow you to close cabinet doors where audio and video equipment is housed, which was the original reason I bought it. Enjoy!

I have that in my bedroom. It helps control the cable box since it is hidden under the dresser. I have even gone as rigging it up to watch and control that box on another tv in another part of the house

harleysilo said:
I wonder, does the remote still worked if placed in a ziplock baggies? A nice little vacuum shrunk heat sealed bag would be nice for a waterproof remote.....
went and tried it and it does, even double bagged my remote in two gallon size freezer bags. Even works on the remote that does not have device connected to it. Hope this helps

Another option to consider if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Droid-based device is Roomie Remote (www.roomieremote.com). You can control your devices from your phone or tablet. It works pretty good, but older devices that can't be detected or controlled via Ethernet may need an Ethernet-to-IR Adapter that you can purchase from their site. One adapter can probably support all of one's older gear that has to be controlled via IR.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.