Water looks like skim milk

vicki

Jul 16, 2011
Please start your own thread when you have a question. :wink: Butterfly

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and am searching for some answers about my pool problem. I have a 16x32 pool and it looks like I filled it with skim milk. I added shock and an algecide not to long ago.

My pool store said not to worry about the alkalinity being high it was at 140 at that time that it would lower itself. Now my alkalinity is 202 my ph is 7.5 and the chlorine in way to high at 5.8.

I have put to much shock in but the alkalinity is what I believe is the problem.

It has been over 90 degrees now for a week or more so I added shock and algecide to be on the safe side.

Should I add some muriatic acid or use a dry acid like sodium bisulfate?

From looking at to many charts that tell you how much you need to add I am stumped. If I do get the alkalinity in line will my pool clear up?

Would appreciate any guidance.

Re: Housewarming Party in 4 Days! - Milky Blue Water

Hi, you need to move this post and start your own so that eveyone will know it's a new topic. Then they will need a compelte set of test numbers before making any recommendations =)

There are instructions on lowering TA in Pool School. It is best to use muriatic acid, but dry acid will do.

We can give you much more detailed advice if you post a full set of water test results, especially CH and CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.