Please start your own thread when you have a question. Butterfly
I am new to this forum and am searching for some answers about my pool problem. I have a 16x32 pool and it looks like I filled it with skim milk. I added shock and an algecide not to long ago.
My pool store said not to worry about the alkalinity being high it was at 140 at that time that it would lower itself. Now my alkalinity is 202 my ph is 7.5 and the chlorine in way to high at 5.8.
I have put to much shock in but the alkalinity is what I believe is the problem.
It has been over 90 degrees now for a week or more so I added shock and algecide to be on the safe side.
Should I add some muriatic acid or use a dry acid like sodium bisulfate?
From looking at to many charts that tell you how much you need to add I am stumped. If I do get the alkalinity in line will my pool clear up?
Would appreciate any guidance.