Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Big pool - robot recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Big pool - robot recommendation

I've been trying to get my pool under control using BBB and one of the problems is that we have a large amount of "stuff" at the deep end. The previous owner left a Polaris 360 that runs of a booster bump, but it takes a really long time and it's not getting up the fine stuff. The tail just kind of blows the dirt around to settle later.

Anyone with a large pool have an opinion on what's a good choice to get the fine stuff? At 50,000 gallons with lots of trees around, it's going to get a work out.
    50k gallon - Triton TR 100 Sand Filter - IG - Marcite - 1.5 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Big pool - robot recommendation

I have always maintained you pay for cleaning power. The more you pay, the more power your cleaner will have to clean that large pool.

I currently have a blue diamond in a 42k pool and my next one will be a small commercial cleaner. The blue diamond is a good cleaner but I have to run it for 3 hours to effectively clean the pool

Plan on spending some bucks.....over $1k.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I also have a Polaris which I love if it works and hate when it does not.

The Polaris will pickup the fine stuff if you use the fine/silt bag. Or if you use a women's hose. The Polaris has to be adjusted so that it runs flat to the surface of the pool floor.

If you are new pool owner I suggest that you watch the Polaris to ensure that it is operating correctly and is at least picking up small leaves or other small objects.
    30,000 gallon gunite in-ground with a spillover spa, Diving board and water slide
    Hayward 1 HP Super II filter pump, Hayward 24 " Sand Filter Pro Series using zeolite media
    Polaris 380 cleaner with ¾ HP booster pump, Hayward Heatmaster pool heater, AutoPilot DIG-220 Power Supply SC-60 cell
    Testing with the TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Parkland, FL

i would get a blue diamond, 4 year warranty on motors is key when its getting a major work out. of course you'll probably still blow a powersupply right after the warranty runs out on that.

i don't know the warranty for commercial cleaners, but if they have a decent warranty than that is an option.

usually i would stay away from the remote controlled ones as they are much more complex,but they are also more efficient as they have two motors to turn. so you might want to look at the blue diamond remote.

just remember that every part is basically 2X the price if you need to replace it. brushes are twice the price, cable is twice the price etc.
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.