Where is the Fire Switch on a Jandy LRZ Heater

REFlad

Apr 25, 2010
I just installed an Intermnatic Multipurpose Control (IMC) model P1353ME, which has the Fire Switch Relay for cool down before shutting off the pump. After looking at the schematic for the Jandy LRZ Heater, I used the wire going from the ignition control to the flame sensor as my Fire Switch controller (it is labeled IGN/FS), I clipped this wire and routed it through the Fire Switch Relay on the IMC. This does work - the heater shuts down for cooldown - but it gives me an Ignition Fault error on the heater. The fault only appears if the heater was shut off by opening the IGN/FS wire. If the heater was not running, then I have no errors.

Is this normal, or the correct way to use a Fire Switch? Or have I tapped into the wrong wire to control the heater shut down?

Any help would be appreciated.

There should be a wiring diagram inside the heater, or in the installation manual, that shows the location to connect the fireman's switch. It will probably be in series with the high limit and pressure switches.

You do not want the switch where you have it.

I looked all over the Install manual and could not find where to tie into the Fireman Switch. The HiPress/HiLimit looks easy enough to do. I'll try to re-wire on Monday. Thanks for the help!

You can only put it in series on the millivolt model. The electronic model has each switch go to a different place on the board. If you tap into any switch, it will create an error code.

[edit]I think that you want to use the remote control feature as shown in the Manual on page 23 Figure 18 like you are using a remote thermostat. See page 24 for set up

Since you are not using a remote thermostat, you don't set the heater's thermostat to SPA and 104 F.

To be sure, you could contact Jandy/Zodiac here, or you could call them at (800) 822-7933.[end edit]

I recieved an answer from Jandy. The one wire goes to the remote POOL input on J6, and the other goes to the remote COM on J6. I then set the heater up for a remote Thermostat (TSTAT) in the SETUP menu on the heater. The manual has this setup info on pg 24.

This should close this thread. Thanks again James!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.